STEWARD (STEm Women scholars And Researchers Development)
One of our flagship programs is the STEWARD mentorship program for research scholars.
We provide mentorship for women research students through one-to-one interactions with senior Phd students, postdocs, Alumni and faculty mentors
STEWARD (STEM women scholars’ and researchers’ development) is the 3-way collaboration between
- Women’s Forum IITM
- IITM alumni association and
- a grassroots, independent group of IITM women alumni. This mentorship program is exclusive to women PhD research scholars at all levels.
The scholars are from a variety of STEM backgrounds specialized in academia and R&D. Till today, this program has
- 35 mentors from academia and R&D from around the world of which 19 are alumni and 16 are professors of IITM,
- 69 IITM research scholar mentees and
- 17 IITM post comprehensive PhD candidates mentoring the other research scholars.